Tuesday, March 13, 2018

One-pot Cooking

For the large majority of people living in the Bronze Age (about 2,500 - 800 BC) to the mid-Iron Age (ca. 300-100 BC) meals were commonly stews, porridge and soups cooked in open pots, probably accompanied by bread.  Eating might have been communal, with the food served in a single bowl from which many people ate.

Described, perhaps a bit dismissively, as "one-pot cooking" the recipes that follow owe much to the long traditions of Britons hunting, gathering and farming the land.








To make your own sourdough is quite simple:


As time allows more Iron Age recipes will be added, but for now please enjoy recreating some great Tastes Of History...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sharing such valuable cooking ideas with us. I'm a big fan of cooking and I love to do it all day. I listen to several famous chefs, try their recipes, and even read blogs and cookbooks too. Anything that'll help me to improve my cooking. Can you please guide me on which cookbook should I read for more ideas? I'm currently reading The Dressing Table and I found it very helpful and enjoyed the recipes a lot. Please share your thoughts as well. Keep posting stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete