Sunday, April 05, 2015

Kew on a Plate


Kew on a PlateI don't know about you but I've been avidly catching up with BBC Two's series "Kew on a Plate", presented by Raymond Blanc and Kate Humble.  They spent last year at Kew Gardens in London growing heritage produce and cooking delicious seasonal recipes, all the while discovering the history behind our favourite fruits and vegetables.  The series so far has been incredibly interesting.  If you'll excuse the pun, it has given me "much food for thought" (I did warn you!) especially on the origins of foods.  There are a couple of things I'm unsure about and intend to follow up.  One, for example, was a recipe from Apicius for a patina of asparagus which, when I've made it, results in a tasty omelette-like dish.  That said, having already tried a couple of the accompanying recipes, they are definitely worth trying.


More programme information can be found here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05n91p4

No comments:

Post a Comment